If you’re having troubles connecting to Ainu or the switcher doesn’t install the certificate properly, you can try installing it manually.
- First, download the certificate by clicking here
- Then, open cert.crt
- Click Install certificate…
- Click Next
- Select Place all certificates in the following store (second option), then click Browse…
- A new window will pop up, select Trusted root certification authorities and click Ok
- Click Next
- Click Finish
How to test the certificate
Once you’ve installed the certificate, you can test whether it was successfully installed by following these steps:
- Open the server switcher and click on Inspect.
- Wait a few seconds and all the labels in the “Server connection” section, on the right, should become green and report “OK” (like this). If so, you should be able to connect to Ripple.
- If you get CERT ERROR, the certificate has not been installed successfully. Follow the instructions below.
- If you get ”…”, you’re not connected to Ripple. Close the inspect window, click on Switch to Ripple and try again.
If everything else fails…
…you can try to remove all existing Ripple certificates and install the certificate again. Follow these steps:
- Press Win+R
mmc certmgr.msc in the run box and press enter to open the Certificate Manager
- Select Trusted root certification authorities on the left
- Select Certificates on the right
- You should see some Ripple and some *.ppy.sh entries in the list. Select them, right click and click on Delete
- Select all the positive options (Ok/Yes etc)
- Restart the switcher, click on Inspect, then choose Install certificate, then Yes
- Click on Test ripple connection and you should see “OK” for every domains
If the inspect dialog is fine but you still can’t connect to ripple from the game client, try running osu! as administrator.